List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:chandra shekar Date:April 18 2005 10:06am
Subject:Re: Not able to install the rpm - not able to connect to Mysql now
View as plain text
 Hi thanx for the reply,
You are the best. It worked....!!!
       I quit installing using rpm. I  installed from
the source using ->

$ ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
$make
$make install

 Also I successfully ran "./resetdb localhost root
<paswd>" which gave the below response: "Created
sample database succesfully". I reconfirmed it by
logining into mysql database and was able to see
"mysql_cpp_data" beeing created.

    Then I ran "./simple1 localhost root <passwd> " it
succefully displayed the contents of the
"mysql_cpp_data" database from the table "stocks". :o)

    Next I compiled a program but with errors:
    " gcc -I/usr/local/mysql/include prog.c "

#include <time.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <mysql.h>

int main ()  {
    MYSQL_RES *mTabelle;
    MYSQL_ROW mRecord;
    MYSQL *mConnection, mDB;
    int mError;
    mysql_init(&mDB);
    mConnection =
mysql_real_connect(&mDB,"localhost","root","king123","test",0,0,0);

    if (mConnection == NULL)  {
        printf("Error connecting to Database:
%s",mysql_error(&mDB));
        return 1;
    } else {
 printf("Successfully connected to Database");
    }
    mysql_close(mConnection);
    return 0;
}

Compilation error was as given below:
error:undefined reference to  mysq_init  ,
mysql_real_connect,mysql_error.

You have asked me to look in to Makefile.simple to
know how to build c++ programs.I could not understand
much from it. Sorry for my ignorance. Where can I get
sample c++ codes which uses Mysql++.

What could be the reason for the above errors..?
How can I over come it..?

Thanx a lot again
Shekar

 Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:
> chandra shekar wrote:
>
> > It threw the error :" Failed dependecies :
> > MySQL - Shared is needed by mysql++-1.7.30-1"
>
> Yes, on purpose.  A MySQL++ binary RPM is
> necessarily dependent on the
> MySQL version it was built against.  My RPMs are
> built against the
> official RPMs you get from mysql.com, not against
> the version of MySQL
> that comes with the OS.
>
> So, either get the official RPMs, or build the
> library from source.
>
> This is explained on the MySQL++ web page.  From
> whence, by the way, you
> can get a much more recent version of MySQL++:
>
> 	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/
>
> > Before running the above command I installed
> > mysql++-1.7.30.tar.gz as below:
>
> Don't install both from RPM and from source.  Pick
> one.
>
> > ./configure --includedir=/usr/local/include/mysql
>
> That flag tells configure where you want the MySQL++
> header files to go,
> not where to find the MySQL headers.  Try:
>
> 	$ ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
>
> instead.  If that doesn't work, try separate
> --with-mysql-lib and
> --with-mysql-include flags.  Notice that you don't
> necessarily give the
> full path: the configure script will take a base
> directory name and try
> to guess which subdirectories underneath contain the
> files.
>
> > I also tried running a simple  program that
> connects
> > to Mysql but got the error as " mysql_init"
> > unidentified".
>
> See examples/Makefile.simple for the correct way to
> build a program
> using MySQL++.

http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus?unsub=1

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide
Thread
Re: Not able to install the rpm - not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar18 Apr
  • Re: Not able to install the rpm - not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young18 Apr
    • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar21 Apr
      • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young21 Apr
        • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar23 Apr
          • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowChris Frey23 Apr
            • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowWarren Young25 Apr
            • Re: Not able to connect to Mysql nowchandra shekar25 Apr