List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Willy K' Date:April 18 2005 5:02am
Subject:Understanding sql_create_# / sql_create_basic#
View as plain text
As I've seen in the tutorial, my understanding to the use of
sql_create_# should be sql_create_N(name_of_struct, A, N,
data_type_1, variable_1, ... , data_type_N, variable_N), where
N is the no of variable and A is a number that I still don't
quite understand. The same should be the same with
sql_create_simple_N. (Please correct if I am wrong)

My questions are:
1: I don't get the meaning of what A do. In another words,
what action did it does and how could I make use of it

2: I want to create a SSQLS with four string variables, to
access another table. So i simply use custom1.cpp and modify
sql_create_5(stock, 1, 5, ...) to sql_create_4(stock, 1,4,
...), which it pumps up a lot of error messages.

3: This is about sql_create_simple_#. For the use of retriving
data, I used sql_create_simple_4(stock, 0, 0,...) instead and
it worked (based on custom1.cpp). However, when I turn to
inserting data with sql_create_simple_4, error messages again.
It says there's not a "set" method in struct stock, which I
saw that there is such a method in the API. What's wrong with it?

4: In custom2.cpp, is print_stock_table used only for the
struct stock? where is it located???

Many Many Many Many Thanks....
Willy K'
Thread
Understanding sql_create_# / sql_create_basic#Willy K'18 Apr
  • Re: Understanding sql_create_# / sql_create_basic#Chris Frey18 Apr
    • Re: Understanding sql_create_# / sql_create_basic#Chris Frey18 Apr
    • Re: Understanding sql_create_# / sql_create_basic#Warren Young18 Apr