List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Murison Date:April 11 2005 9:33pm
Subject:RE: Transactions with MySQLPP
View as plain text
> All query.reset() does is clear the underlying stringstream object.  So
> long as you reset after execution it "should" work, unless you're trying
> to get something out of a select statement as you go.
>
> I claim no particular expertise on mysql++, I was just trying to pass
> along something I discovered in the process of developing our
> application.  So far we've had good luck with this method.

Thx,

One final question...
I am creating one query object for each query in the transaction so:

Query q = con.query();
q << ...
Query q2 = con.query();

Would that make a difference? (P.S. It isn't as simple as what I wrote,
but that is basically the effect.)

Also, within a transaction I have some SELECT statements, so I use
query.store(); for those, could that make a difference?

Cheers,

-Tim

Thread
Transactions with MySQLPPTim Murison5 Apr
  • Re: Transactions with MySQLPPWarren Young5 Apr
    • Re: Transactions with MySQLPPWarren Young5 Apr
RE: Transactions with MySQLPPSteve Roberts5 Apr
  • Re: Transactions with MySQLPPWarren Young5 Apr
  • RE: Transactions with MySQLPPTim Murison11 Apr
RE: Transactions with MySQLPPSteve Roberts11 Apr
  • RE: Transactions with MySQLPPTim Murison11 Apr