List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 5 2005 12:21pm
Subject:Re: Transactions with MySQLPP
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

> Tim Murison wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if MySQLPP supports some kind of mechanism to do
>> transactions.
>

> Not right now.  Patches thoughtfully considered.

I've thought some more about it, and this is definitely v1.8 or v2.0
material.  Here's what I just added to the Wishlist:

> Transaction support.  Considering block-level semantics: create a
> "transaction object" on the stack, which takes a ref to the
> Connection object (?) as a ctor parameter.  Transaction object's ctor
> calls a function on the conn telling it to tell the server to begin a
> transaction set.  When the transaction object is destroyed, it tells
> the conn object to commit everything.  Conn object in this situation
> must be created in a higher scope, or on the heap.

That shouldn't be too difficult to do, nor should it be very intrusive
to the current library design.  I'm thinking 1.8.
Thread
Transactions with MySQLPPTim Murison5 Apr
  • Re: Transactions with MySQLPPWarren Young5 Apr
    • Re: Transactions with MySQLPPWarren Young5 Apr
RE: Transactions with MySQLPPSteve Roberts5 Apr
  • Re: Transactions with MySQLPPWarren Young5 Apr
  • RE: Transactions with MySQLPPTim Murison11 Apr
RE: Transactions with MySQLPPSteve Roberts11 Apr
  • RE: Transactions with MySQLPPTim Murison11 Apr