List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 11 2005 11:24pm
Subject:Re: Minor problem with the resetdb
View as plain text
Earl Miles wrote:

> Hmm. In the instance I was toying with, the db already existed from a
> previous run, and I was using the default user, who didn't have
> permission with the database, so that's exactly what was happening in my
> runs of resetdb.

I think you need to debug that more closely.  If the first select_db()
fails, it will try to create_db, which _doesn't throw exceptions_ when
it fails.  It just returns true (!) so the program ends.

For your patch to have any value, you'd have to create the database
(again? how?) and then fail to select the database you just created.
Thread
Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
  • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
        • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar
          • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles12 Mar
Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar