List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Earl Miles Date:March 11 2005 3:43pm
Subject:Re: Minor problem with the resetdb
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

>> You're right, though, that a problem would occur if the second
>> select_db() call threw an exception.
>

> Turns out, this is extremely unlikely to occur.  For it to happen,
> create_db() -- which doesn't throw exceptions -- would have to succeed,
> and then select_db() on the newly created database would have to fail. I
> wouldn't be surprised if MySQL's security is fine-grained enough that
> you could make a user that can create databases but not be able to
> select them, but why would someone do such a thing?
>
> I've withdrawn that change because it breaks the ABI, pointlessly.

Hmm. In the instance I was toying with, the db already existed from a
previous run, and I was using the default user, who didn't have
permission with the database, so that's exactly what was happening in my
runs of resetdb. So not extremely unlikely, tho that is perhaps a pretty
edge case.
Thread
Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
  • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
        • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar
          • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles12 Mar
Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar