List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 11 2005 7:01am
Subject:Re: Minor problem with the resetdb
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

> You're right, though, that a problem would occur if the second
> select_db() call threw an exception.

Turns out, this is extremely unlikely to occur.  For it to happen,
create_db() -- which doesn't throw exceptions -- would have to succeed,
and then select_db() on the newly created database would have to fail.
I wouldn't be surprised if MySQL's security is fine-grained enough that
you could make a user that can create databases but not be able to
select them, but why would someone do such a thing?

I've withdrawn that change because it breaks the ABI, pointlessly.
Thread
Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
  • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
        • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar
          • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles12 Mar
Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar