List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Gale Date:March 11 2005 6:44am
Subject:Change mysql server and username in simple ?
View as plain text
Hello,

I am trying to change the host, username and password of the simple1
example.

In the file simple1.cpp:

--snip--
                 // Connect to the sample database
                 mysqlpp::Connection con(mysqlpp::use_exceptions);

                 if (!connect_to_db(argc, argv, con)) {
                         return 1;
                 }
--snip

I tried adding:

--snip--
                 // Connect to the sample database
                 mysqlpp::Connection con(mysqlpp::use_exceptions);

con.connect("mysql_cpp_data","192.168.0.3","mytest","mypass");
                 if (!connect_to_db(argc, argv, con)) {
                         return 1;
                 }
--snip--

But it is not working ... I have tried a few variations but nothing :(
When I run ./simple1 I receive:
Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Michael.
Thread
Change mysql server and username in simple ?Michael Gale11 Mar
  • Re: Change mysql server and username in simple ?Michael Gale11 Mar
  • Re: Change mysql server and username in simple ?Warren Young11 Mar