List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Earl Miles Date:March 11 2005 4:49am
Subject:Re: Minor problem with the resetdb
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

> Thanks for the effort, but it still got mangled.  Line endings were DOS
> (may be my mailer's fault, though I don't know why it would mess with an
> attachment) and tabs were converted to spaces.  I was still able to
> apply it, but to prevent hassle in the future, I'd appreciate it if you
> could see if either of these problems are something you can fix on your
> end.

That's weird, I always save stuff using unix linefeeds. I think I have
tabs->spaces on my my editor by default as that was the coding style
I've always been made to use, since tabs are either 8 or 4 spaces
depending on your editor. I'll be sure to fix the setting for future
patches.

> Also, in one place you put a curly brace on the following line instead
> of using K&R brace style, as the rest of the program uses.  Please try
> to maintain whatever style you see nearby when changing the code, no
> matter how ugly it appears to you.  :)  I'm aware that the code style is
> not consistent; I'm in the process of converting it piece by piece, as I
> touch each file.

Darn, I thought I went back and fixed the {s to be in the right place. I
must've missed one. All I can say is shifting habits is hard. I'll try
to pay more attention next go 'round.
Thread
Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
  • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
    • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young11 Mar
      • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles11 Mar
        • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar
          • Re: Minor problem with the resetdbEarl Miles12 Mar
Re: Minor problem with the resetdbWarren Young12 Mar