List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 9 2005 10:15am
Subject:Re: Documentation
View as plain text
Earl Miles wrote:

> Actually, is there any objection to dropping the LaTeX stuff and redoing
> it in pure HTML?

No objection to dropping LaTeX in particular, but whatever technology
you choose, I would prefer it if there was a way to automatically
generate PS and/or PDF from it as well.  It isn't absolutely necessary;
Adobe Acrobat can do the conversion, but it's better if we can do it
automatically.

> And more people know HTML than know LaTeX, I
> think, making it easier for multiple people to work on the project.

I'm no swayed much by that argument.  Once it's set up initially, people
can code by example when hacking the docs.
Thread
DocumentationJoachim Person6 Mar
  • Re: DocumentationEarl Miles6 Mar
    • Re: DocumentationSteve Mansfield6 Mar