List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Earl Miles Date:March 7 2005 10:02pm
Subject:Re: Documentation
View as plain text
Steve Mansfield wrote:

> More specifically, the 'simple' example shows how to pull some rows from a
> table and print them. I managed to get this working without too much trouble,
> but then I look at the query object and see that it has a number of methods -
> query.store(), query.preview() and I immediately want to know what other
> methods there are, what types they return, what parameters, if any, they
> might take. In other words, a reference list of all the methods, properties,
> structures & types in the API would be very interesting. That way I can play
> around with them and learn by experience.

A pretty weak version of this exists on the web-site but not in the
distribution, as far as I can tell; And it's the start of the Doxygen
stuff that was being talked about earlier. Chapter 5 sort of exists there.

> I guess what I'm saying is that I need Chapter 5! And obviously the manual
> needs to be brought up to date by using the actual code from the examples.
> Lots of commenting in the code might help, too.

Thread
DocumentationJoachim Person6 Mar
  • Re: DocumentationEarl Miles6 Mar
    • Re: DocumentationSteve Mansfield6 Mar