List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 5 2005 6:28am
Subject:Re: Using mysql++ with a server.
View as plain text
Earl Miles wrote:

> Warren thinks mysql++ is probably thread-safe,

No, he thinks that with 1.7.30, it is _potentially_ thread-safe on Unixy
systems.  It has been thread-safe to exactly the same degree on Windows
systems for quite some time now.

All I have done to attain this potentiality is link against the
thread-safe libraries where available.  I have done precisely zilch to
ensure that MySQL++ itself is thread-safe, because I don't use threads
with MySQL++.

Point of fact, I only use threads under extreme duress.  There's usually
a better way to handle such problems, in my experience.

In short, it's up to you, the users of threads, to find any bugs that
may be present.  I have no interest in doing a thread safety audit.
Thread
Using mysql++ with a server.Imperio595 Mar
  • Re: Using mysql++ with a server.Earl Miles5 Mar
    • Re: Using mysql++ with a server.Warren Young5 Mar
  • Re: Using mysql++ with a server.Warren Young5 Mar
Re: Using mysql++ with a server.Imperio597 Mar