List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 3 2005 6:05am
Subject:Re: bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program running
idle for a while.
View as plain text
Drew Ferraro wrote:

> I am using MySQL++ as the API to handle the database stuff for my
> online RPG. The game has a dedicated server which is left running
> 24/7. Anyway, I notice that if i leave the server running overnight,
> and no one plays or logs in the whole time, when i try to log in the
> next day, the server crashes when i try to login (when i do a select
> statement). It throws a bad_query exception.

Perhaps the connection has an idle timeout built into it?  This is
almost certainly not in MySQL++, but in the C API below it, or on the
server side.  Take it up on the main MySQL mailing list.

> Also, if someone can tell me how to extract usefull information from a
> bad_query exception,

See the examples.
Thread
bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program running idle for a while.Drew Ferraro2 Mar
  • Re: bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program runningidle for a while.Warren Young3 Mar
    • Re: bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program running idle for a while.Chris Frey4 Mar