List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Drew Ferraro Date:March 2 2005 9:20am
Subject:bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program running idle for a while.
View as plain text
Hi,

I am using MySQL++ as the API to handle the database stuff for my
online RPG. The game has a dedicated server which is left running
24/7. Anyway, I notice that if i leave the server running overnight,
and no one plays or logs in the whole time, when i try to log in the
next day, the server crashes when i try to login (when i do a select
statement). It throws a bad_query exception.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can prevent it?
Also, if someone can tell me how to extract usefull information from a
bad_query exception, that would be appreciated. I couldnt find much
info on it in the docs.

Thanks again!
Thread
bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program running idle for a while.Drew Ferraro2 Mar
  • Re: bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program runningidle for a while.Warren Young3 Mar
    • Re: bad_query exception being thrown when leaving program running idle for a while.Chris Frey4 Mar