List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 1 2005 5:32am
Subject:Re: potential bugs?
View as plain text
Rongjun Mu wrote:
> These may be or may be not bug, just my points of views.

Thanks for your comments.  I'll reply to each one inline below.

> 1. the return value of 'mysql_init' is not checked. Maybe a "out of
> memory" exception?

You'd have to check the C API source to be sure, but from the docs, it
looks like you only get OOM when you ask the C API to allocate the MYSQL
object.  We don't do that in the Connection class; we provide the MYSQL
object.

> 2. when some operation fails because of lock(), throw BadQuery(error())
> may throw a null string because this is not a real MySQL error.

I guess you're saying that this:

>             throw BadQuery(error());

should be something like this: throw BadQuery("lock failed")

?

> 3. where is Query::lock() ?

What do you think it should do?  Maybe you should send a patch instead
of describing it.

> 4. return ResUse(mysql_use_result(&mysql), this); in Connection::use.
> If mysql_use_result(&mysql) fails, successive call ResUse::fetch_row
> will throw a "Results not fetched" but actually it was fetched, but failed.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  It would be clearer if you just
provided a patch.
Thread
potential bugs?Rongjun Mu23 Feb
  • Re: potential bugs?Warren Young1 Mar