List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:He HongFu Date:February 26 2005 12:51am
Subject:Re: Re: How to write backup application for MySQL?
View as plain text
Hi, Warren Young,

Thanks. But can I use libmysqlclient in a commercial application? (What is the license?).

And from the MySQL reference manual of C API. I cannot find any hint about how to back up MySql(Fully or incrementally).

        He HongFu

======= Original Message on 2005-02-25 14:33:58 =======

>He HongFu wrote:
>> I want to write a backup application which want to provide a plugin
>> to back up and restore MySQL database. Does MySQL++ provides a way to
>> implement it? As far as I known, users always uses the built-in tools
>> of MySQL mysqldump, mysqlhotcopy to implement the backup job. But I
>> want to use built-in APIs to implement it directly. Is it possible?
>MySQL++ is just a C++ wrapper around the regular C APIs.  It provides no
>special access to the internals of MySQL.  Anything you can do with
>MySQL++, you can also do with libmysqlclient.
>MySQL++ Mailing List
>For list archives:
>To unsubscribe:

Re: Re: How to write backup application for MySQL?He HongFu26 Feb