List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 25 2005 6:33am
Subject:Re: How to write backup application for MySQL?
View as plain text
He HongFu wrote:

> I want to write a backup application which want to provide a plugin
> to back up and restore MySQL database. Does MySQL++ provides a way to
> implement it? As far as I known, users always uses the built-in tools
> of MySQL mysqldump, mysqlhotcopy to implement the backup job. But I
> want to use built-in APIs to implement it directly. Is it possible?

MySQL++ is just a C++ wrapper around the regular C APIs.  It provides no
special access to the internals of MySQL.  Anything you can do with
MySQL++, you can also do with libmysqlclient.
Thread
How to write backup application for MySQL?He HongFu25 Feb
  • Re: How to write backup application for MySQL?Warren Young25 Feb