List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:February 14 2005 8:03pm
Subject:Re: Legacy exceptions in MySQL++ considered harmful
View as plain text
On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:40:53PM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> Chris Frey wrote:
> >
> >the at() function is part of the std::vector<> class.
>
> Not on all platforms.  How far back with STL do you go?  Do you remember
> algo.h, for instance?

No.  I've used C++ for many years, but grew into STL gradually, and I'm
still growing.  Compiler support was usually ahead of my adoption of the
features. (luckily)

> The question that faces us is, are any of the compilers MySQL++
> currently works with among the list of those that don't support the
> Standard C++ exception hierarchy?  We've tightened the list of supported
> compilers a lot under my short maintainership, but I'm not eager to
> tighten it further.  It's seductive to look at the world through a
> g++3-only lens.

I only use mysql++ on linux with g++3 so far, so hopefully more people will
send their datapoints.   (Speak up folks) :-)

- Chris

Thread
Legacy exceptions in MySQL++ considered harmfulWarren Young14 Feb
  • Re: Legacy exceptions in MySQL++ considered harmfulChris Frey14 Feb
    • Re: Legacy exceptions in MySQL++ considered harmfulWarren Young14 Feb
      • Re: Legacy exceptions in MySQL++ considered harmfulChris Frey14 Feb
        • Re: Legacy exceptions in MySQL++ considered harmfulWarren Young15 Feb
          • Re: Legacy exceptions in MySQL++ considered harmfulIbrahim Mubarak15 Feb