List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Vishnev Date:February 10 2005 12:38am
Subject:RE: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28
View as plain text
Chris,

Thanks for the advice. Indeed, I was able to find the problem. Actually, it
had nothing to do with libmysqlclient.a. I think the message is a little
confusing. Below is an extract of failed compilation from configure.log. It
looks like there was a missing dependency on libm.so(libm.a). Both static
and shared library are in the lib directory. However, the link line is
missing -lm to dynamically link math library. I am not a configure expert,
so all I did is to add the reference to the library before the test. Of
course it will do it regardless of OS and could be redundant, but it worked
for me.

configure:9484: gcc -o conftest -g -O2
-I/export/home/mysql-max-4.1.9-sun-solaris2.8-sparc/include
-L/export/home/mysql-max-4.1.9-sun-solari
s2.8-sparc/lib conftest.c -lmysqlclient  -lnsl -lsocket -lintl -lz  >&5
floor
/export/home/mysql-max-4.1.9-sun-solaris2.8-sparc/lib/libmysqlclient.a(passw
ord.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

Here is the fix for the configure script

LIBS="-lm $LIBS"  # I only added this line and it worked in Solaris 2.8
echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... $ECHO_C"
>&6

Thanks for your help

Alex