List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:February 9 2005 10:13pm
Subject:Re: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28
View as plain text
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 04:58:19PM -0500, Alex Vishnev wrote:
> Then I had a problem that I could not resolve yet. Please take a look below
> at the configure execution. I don't understand why it thinks that the
> library is broken. That's the library that came with the 4.1.9 distro. Is it
> possible to run mysql++ with this distribution?

[snip]

> checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no
> configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!

When configure runs, it creates a file called config.log.  Since processing
stopped, the error should be near the end.  It may offer a clue as to
what went wrong.

Since the libraries you have don't seem to match what configure expects,
it is possible you have missed a symlink somewhere in /usr/lib, etc.
I'm not a Solaris person, but on linux, I'd recommend you run ldconfig.

- Chris

Thread
configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Alex Vishnev9 Feb
  • Re: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Chris Frey9 Feb
    • RE: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Alex Vishnev10 Feb
      • Re: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Warren Young10 Feb