List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Vishnev Date:February 9 2005 9:58pm
Subject:configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28
View as plain text
Hello,

I had problems with running configuration script on Solaris 2.8 mysql++
release mysql++-1.7.28. First of all, configure script looks for a wrong
library name for mysqlclient. See below....
for m in $MYSQL_lib_check; do
        if test -d "$m" && \
           (test -f "$m/libmysqlclient.so" || test -f "$m/libmysqlclient.a")
        then
                MYSQL_libdir=$m
                break
        fi
done

however, In the 4.1.9 distribution the library is called libmysqlclient_r.a.
I had to make a copy of it and named it as configure script expects. I was
able to resolve that problem, but thought it would be good to document.

Then I had a problem that I could not resolve yet. Please take a look below
at the configure execution. I don't understand why it thinks that the
library is broken. That's the library that came with the 4.1.9 distro. Is it
possible to run mysql++ with this distribution?

dcl-1# ./configure --includedir=/usr/local/include/mysql++
--with-mysql=/export/home/mysql-max-4.1.9-sun-solaris2.8-sparc
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/xpg4/bin/sed
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... ok
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so
creating libtool
checking for MySQL library directory...
/export/home/mysql-max-4.1.9-sun-solaris2.8-sparc/lib
checking for MySQL include directory...
/export/home/mysql-max-4.1.9-sun-solaris2.8-sparc/include
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for gzread in -lz... yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for main in -lintl... yes
checking for main in -lsocket... yes
checking for main in -lnsl... yes
checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!

Alex

Thread
configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Alex Vishnev9 Feb
  • Re: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Chris Frey9 Feb
    • RE: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Alex Vishnev10 Feb
      • Re: configuration problem on Solaris 2.8 with release mysql++-1.7.28Warren Young10 Feb