List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Calin Vaida Date:February 8 2005 4:20pm
Subject:Re: Connection close problem
View as plain text
Hi,

I have changed every variable step by step, I mean I've rolled back to
mysql-3.23 client and mysql++1.7.17 and the program is running ok.
After this step I've changed the mysql++ to 1.7.27 and the program was
still working.
Only after I changed the mysql client version to 4.0.21 (the Suse 9.2
default mysql) the program wasn't working anymore.

So I think the problem is in mysql client library. I was looking in
the source code for mysql-3.23 and mysql-4.0.20 client and there are
some new functionality in the newest version of "mysql_close"
function, there are some recursive call to mysql_close function. And
from the backtrace I've notice that there is also a recursive call to
the mysql_close function.

So, I guess maybe there exist some problem or maybe I have to set some
flags or something for blocking the recursive call in the mysql_close
function. I'm not sure.

If you have any idea please let me know.
I would be so grateful for your help.

Many thanks,

Calin

> Tricky...they're going to want to see a straight C API program, I'm sure.
>
> If I were you, I'd reduce the changes to just one variable at a time.
> Probably I'd try rolling back to MySQL 3.23, as that would be easier
> than rolling back the OS.  If the problem is still present, then either
> something in the OS you're linking against has a problem, or...
>

> ...perhaps your program is grossly misusing the library, and it _just
> happened_ to work previously.

Thread
Connection close problemCalin Vaida7 Feb
  • Re: Connection close problemWarren Young7 Feb
    • Re: Connection close problemCalin Vaida7 Feb
      • Re: Connection close problemWarren Young7 Feb
        • Re: Connection close problemCalin Vaida8 Feb
          • Re: Connection close problemWarren Young8 Feb
            • Re: Connection close problemCalin Vaida9 Feb