List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 7 2005 1:05pm
Subject:Re: Threads in MySQL++
View as plain text
Tim Murison wrote:

> I have read that other users have had success with multi-threaded
> access, but it is not clear to me whether they have been able to achieve
> multiple readers, one writer access.

It would help if we knew your platform and compiler....

For instance, I believe a known problem w.r.t. threads is that you need
to add specific compiler flags and libraries on some platforms in order
to get a thread-safe program.  On some systems, for instance, you get a
different C/C++ run time library when compiling with different flags.

I haven't seen anything in the MySQL++ build process that addresses any
of this.  Since my programs are single-threaded, I'm not personally
motivated to try and fix it, or even to investigate whether it's
actually a problem.  Patches thoughtfully considered.
Thread
Threads in MySQL++Tim Murison7 Feb
  • Re: Threads in MySQL++Warren Young7 Feb
  • Re: Threads in MySQL++Earl Miles7 Feb