List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mathias Giger Date:January 10 2005 5:56pm
Subject:problem setting up the query object
View as plain text
hi all,

some month ago I used mysql++ the last time and now I want to rerun a particular
application dynamically adding and deleting columns to tables.

I create the queries in a very simple way like:
  mysqlpp::Query query = connection.query();
  query << "create table table1 (first_column int PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL
AUTO_INCREMENT)";
  query.execute(mysqlpp::RESET_QUERY);

this works for creating and droping tables, but it doesn't work anymore for adding columns
to tables (segmentation fault), e.g.
  query << "alter table table1 add column bla int";
  query.execute(mysqlpp::RESET_QUERY);

does anyone have a suggestion about this problem?

mathias

Thread
problem setting up the query objectMathias Giger11 Jan
  • Re: problem setting up the query objectWarren Young12 Jan
    • Re: problem setting up the query objectWarren Young12 Jan