List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Giles Anderson Date:December 30 2004 6:06pm
Subject:Re: Getting examples to work
View as plain text
Sorry for the delayed response.

> A wild possibility is that, because the fc2 binaries were built on a
> system with MySQL 4.0.20 installed, the MySQL++ library is showing that
> version.  To test this possibility, rebulid the library from source and
> see if the result changes.  If it does, I'd be interested to know.

It does. I have built the 1.72 SRC RPM and dbinfo reports: -

MySQL version: 3.23.58

and no errors.

> > MySQL-shared-3.23.58-1
>
> I'm curious, what does "rpm -ql MySQL-shared |grep lib" say?

rpm -ql MySQL-shared |grep lib
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.10
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0

Just a small comment but the README file has disappeared from examples.

It's quite useful for us beginners.

Thanks for the help

Giles
Thread
Getting examples to workGiles Anderson20 Nov
  • Re: Getting examples to workWarren Young21 Nov
    • Re: Getting examples to workGiles Anderson30 Dec
      • Re: Getting examples to workWarren Young31 Dec
        • Re: Getting examples to workGiles Anderson31 Dec