List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 28 2004 12:15pm
Subject:Re: Update for borland builder (BCB6)
View as plain text
Totte Karlsson wrote:

> The macro NO_LONG_LONGS had to be defined.

There is probably a way to change platform.h so that is not necessary.
You probably just have to find out what Borland C++ calls its 64-bit
integer type, and supply the appropriate typedefs.

NO_LONG_LONGS really only should be defined for systems that truly lack
any 64-bit integer support, like 486es and older.

> In coldata.h the lines 96, 97, 153 and 154  was commented out
> //  operator  longlong() const {return conv((longlong)0);}
> //  operator  ulonglong() const {return conv((ulonglong)0);}

If you supply the previous patch I requested, this code will probably
work fine.  If not, then you need to find out what is wrong that causes
the faked long-long support to not work here.  Either way, I cannot
accept this patch.

> In custom.h line 74 was commented out
> //#include "custom-macros.h"

Definitely incorrect.  Again, find out what the real cause of the
problem is, don't hack around it.

> In null.h line 18 was commented out (caused a lot of warnings)

What warnings?

A better approach is to change the code to avoid the warnings.  Failing
that, disable the warnings that are inconvenient to code around.  We
take both approaches for VC++ compatibility, for instance.

> In row.h line 255-257 was changed from
>    data.insert(data.end(), d[i] ? std::string(d[i], jj[i])  :
> std::string("NULL"));

>        data.insert(data.end(), (d[i]   ? std::string(d[i], jj[i]) :
> std::string("NULL")) );
> i.e. missing parenthesis.

The parentheses are not necessary with any Standard-conformant compiler.
  Do you get an error or warning without them?

> Line 4 in /example/util.h was changed from
> #include <mysql++.h>
> #include "mysql++.h"

Wrong.  double-quotes are only for headers expected to be found in the
same directory as the #including file.  mysql++.h is always found
through the include path.

> The project files for the example "populate" were removed.

Accepted.

> Added the file, /lib/mysql_CB6.lib, which is the import library for the
> MySQL dll, suitable for borland. All projects links to this one.

This shouldn't be distributed with MySQL++.  You should add a pointer to
where it can be downloaded to the BC++ README file.
Thread
Update for borland builder (BCB6)Totte Karlsson23 Dec
  • Re: Update for borland builder (BCB6)Warren Young28 Dec
    • Re: Update for borland builder (BCB6)Ian Quick29 Dec
      • Re: Update for borland builder (BCB6)Warren Young30 Dec
  • Re: Update for borland builder (BCB6)Totte Karlsson28 Dec
    • Re: Update for borland builder (BCB6)Chris Frey28 Dec
    • Re: Update for borland builder (BCB6)Warren Young28 Dec