List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:December 21 2004 6:03pm
Subject:Re: Value truncation
View as plain text
On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 11:14:09PM +0000, Dovid Kopel wrote:
> I was browsing the archive and found this:
> http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/3566.
>
> Sadly, I too run 64-bit arch. My SQL text types are being seen as BLOBs
> and truncated to four characters. My int(4) is not cout'ing at all. I
> don't know what to do, any possible remedies? Can I do a enum?

I don't have a lot of time to do debugging, and I don't have a 64-bit
system, but I admit 64-bit problems are intriguing for me. (go figure, eh?) :-)

I noticed in another post you said you were a student and you wouldn't mind
giving an account on your system to do the testing.  If that is true,
could you mail me a tarball of your source code and any table-creation
scripts?  Then I could try to get it working on my 32 bit system first,
and if so, then try on your 64-bit system.

No promises that I'll get much done, but if you're willing, it's
a start.  Holidays take precedence of course. :-)

Also, make sure you're using the latest release (1.7.26) since there were
some 64-bit fixes in it.

- Chris

Thread
Value truncationDovid Kopel21 Dec
  • Re: Value truncationWarren Young21 Dec
  • Re: Value truncationChris Frey21 Dec