List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 17 2004 7:49pm
Subject:Re: "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'con'
was corrupted"
View as plain text
Chuck Han wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has gotten this message when running the
> mysql++ samples.  It's occuring when main() exits and the system is
> trying to release Connection con.

Try simplifying the code to the point that the error goes away.  This
may prove insightful.

> My problems seem to be machine-specific,

Indeed, it's compiler-specific as well.  Keep in mind, MySQL++ is
cross-platform.

> Specifically, I'm running myql 5.0.0-alpha

I can't have too much sympathy with your problems since you're running a
pre-stable version of the database server, especially since you're able
to crash it.  Is there a good reason why you aren't using 4.0 or 4.1?

> combinations of mysql and mysql++.  For example, if I'm running mysql
> 5.0.2-alpha and mysql++ 1.7.25, the MySQL service terminates.

I can't imagine a MySQL++ error that could cause MySQL to die.  A
non-buggy version of MySQL should be uncrashable with any conceivable input.
Thread
"Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'con' was corrupted"Chuck Han17 Dec
  • Re: "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'con'was corrupted"Warren Young17 Dec
Re: "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'con' was corrupted"Chuck Han20 Dec
RE: "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'con' was corrupted"Chuck Han23 Dec