List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 7 2004 7:12pm
Subject:Re: Configure script problem and (maybe) patch
View as plain text
Steve Roberts wrote:

> I'm trying to get mysql++ to build from source (company requirement)

I prefer people to build from source, too.  The binaries are provided
only as a limited-value convenience.

> have the mysql includes and libraries installed in non-standard places

That should work just fine.  I do that to avoid name clashes, since many
of the headers in MySQL++ have pretty generic names.

> *** mysql++-1.7.23.orig/configure       2004-11-20 15:51:38.000000000

One doesn't patch the configure script.  It's a generated file.  You
want to look at configure.in, which is the 'input' file here.  See the
section beginning on line 23.

You may not have to patch configure.in at all, but instead just give the
--with-mysql-lib and --with-mysql-include flags to configure.  Say
configure --help for details.
Thread
Configure script problem and (maybe) patchSteve Roberts7 Dec
  • Re: Configure script problem and (maybe) patchWarren Young7 Dec
RE: Configure script problem and (maybe) patchSteve Roberts7 Dec