List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 6 2004 10:20am
Subject:Re: Case mismatch in prerequisite check?
View as plain text
Ju Joh wrote:

> I have all the appropriate mysql packages installed,

Actually, you don't.  The capitalization reflects the way the MySQL AB
packages are named.  This is the supported configuration for the RPMs.

It may well be that you can successfully use the SuSE MySQL RPMs, but
you're on your own there.  I would at minimum recommend building your
own binary RPMs from the SRPM.

> I'm not overly familiar with rpm, but is it safe/possible for me to
> simply override the prerequisite check?

That can also work.  But if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
Thread
Case mismatch in prerequisite check?Ju Joh3 Dec
  • Re: Case mismatch in prerequisite check?Ovidiu Bivolaru3 Dec
  • Re: Case mismatch in prerequisite check?Warren Young6 Dec