List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ovidiu Bivolaru Date:December 3 2004 2:35pm
Subject:Re: Case mismatch in prerequisite check?
View as plain text

 I think you need to tweak the "spec" file.  You extract the spec file
from the tarball and remove/edit
"Requires: MySQL-shared" and rebuild the RPM again: rpmbuild -bb
 You could change "Requires: MySQL-shared" to what "mysql-shared"
package is providing i.e.
Requires: mysql-shared.
 Also, you could ignore the requirements: rpm -ivh --nodeps mysql++.x.rpm

Ju Joh wrote:

>I'm running Suse 9.1 and have built the binary RPM from the version 1.7.23-1 source
> RPM downloaded at
>I have all the appropriate mysql packages installed, including mysql-shared package
> version 4.0.18-32.
>However when I try to install the binary mysql++ rpm I built, it complains that
> MySQL-shared package is missing.
>It seems to me that this is just a case mismatch issue, if I query for mysql-shared
> package, rpm tells me it is installed, but if I query for MySQL-shared package, rpm shows
> it as missing.
>I'm not overly familiar with rpm, but is it safe/possible for me to simply override
> the prerequisite check?  Or is there a better way to fix the problem?
>Thank you.
>Ju Joh

Case mismatch in prerequisite check?Ju Joh3 Dec
  • Re: Case mismatch in prerequisite check?Ovidiu Bivolaru3 Dec
  • Re: Case mismatch in prerequisite check?Warren Young6 Dec