List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 29 2004 4:04pm
Subject:Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objects
View as plain text
Verfranc Raganas wrote:

> I really don't know exactly what you mean.

There's nothing that protects libmysqlclient from your code making
system calls like close() on one of libmysqlclient's sockets.  Both sets
of code are running in the same thread, and so get file descriptors from
the same pool.  That's the only reason why I can think that your socket
code would interact with libmysqlclient's socket code.

> Do you want me to post the steps?

I doubt it will help.  This sounds like a very specific issue to your
code.  You'd have to post the whole thing and then convince someone to
spend hours staring at it to get an answer on it.

If it helps, I use MySQL++ routinely in programs that use BSD sockets
separate from the ones libmysqlclient uses to communicate with mysqld.
Thread
Proper use of MySQL++ objectsVerfranc Raganas19 Nov
  • Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsWarren Young19 Nov
Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsVerfranc Raganas21 Nov
  • Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsWarren Young22 Nov
Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsVerfranc Raganas26 Nov
  • Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsWarren Young29 Nov