List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ney André de Mello Zunino Date:November 25 2004 8:08pm
Subject:MySQL 4.1 and MySQL++ 1.7.23: "Bad handshake"
View as plain text
Hello.

I have downloaded and installed MySQL 4.1 on my Windows XP system. I
also installed the /Administrator/ and /Query Browser/ tools, which are
all working as expected. Then I downloaded the MySQL++ library version
1.7.23 and managed to build it with VS.NET 2003. So I went on to build
my first simple application. I created a test database from script and
then used the administrator tool to create a new user and give him full
access to the newly created database. Accessing the database with the
new user's credentials from the query tool worked fine. However, my
application will not successfully negotiate access with the MySQL
server, raising a /BadQuery/ exception. After searching around, I found
some pages which advised about using the /OLD_PASSWORD()/ function to
replace the password encrypted with the new scheme. That did not work
either and the exception was still being thrown. So I tried leaving the
password blank and was finally able to connect. The code is as follows:

#include <mysql++.h>
using namespace mysqlpp;

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
   try
   {
     Connection con("ufsc", "localhost", "zunino", "mypasswd");
     Query query = con.query();
     query << "select nomeAluno from aluno";
     cout << "Query: " << query.preview() << '\n';
     Result res = query.store();
     cout << res.size() << " record(s) found\n";
   }
   catch (const BadQuery& e)
   {
     cerr << e.what() << '\n';
   }
   catch (...)
   {
     cerr << "Oops, something else happened...\n";
   }
}

Does anybody know the cause of the problem and how to solve it?

Thank you,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino
Graduando em Ciência da Computação