List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graham FORSYTH Date:November 22 2004 12:08pm
Subject:MySql++ API for VS 2002 (7.0)
View as plain text
***  Before acting on this email or opening any attachment you are advised to read the
disclaimer at the end of this email ***

This article is great, I have spent about 3 days looking for how to use the mySQL++ API
and then hit this article.
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Cplusplus/Building-a-Store-Application-With-MySQL-and-C/2/
But I have some questions.

My Problem (Extract from the article):-
Once you've downloaded MySQL++, it's extremely easy to include MySQL support into your
applications. Extract the zip file to c:\mysql++. Copy c:\mysql++\mysql\lib\libmySQL.dll
to c:\winnt\system32 and create a new console application in Visual C++. Click the
Project -> Settings menu and go to the C/C++ tab. Choose the preprocessor category and
add the following line to the additional include directories text box:

c:\mysql++\include,c:\mysql++\mysql\include

Click OK. Lastly, right click on the resource files node and add
c:\mysql++\lib\mysql++.lib.

I have downloaded the file mysql++1.7.21.tar form the mySQL++ Download website.

When I unzip this file it contains a MS VS 7.1 project source code.

My question is where can I get these files as I can't build this project as I have MS VS
7.0 on my PC.

I have searched many web pages and FAQ's but still can't find a 'Get You Started' guide or
a way to build this library using VS 2002 (7.0)

Many thanks,

PS I need to stay at VS2002 due to other s/w items.

*** Disclaimer ***
The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent correspondence may be subject
to the Export Control Act (ECA) 2002. The content is private and is intended solely for
the recipient(s).
For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken,
or omitted to be taken, in reliance on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If received in error please return to sender immediately.

Under the laws of England misuse of information that is subject to the ECA 2002, is a
criminal offence.

Thread
MySql++ API for VS 2002 (7.0)Graham FORSYTH22 Nov
  • Re: MySql++ API for VS 2002 (7.0)Warren Young22 Nov