List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Giles Anderson Date:November 20 2004 12:33pm
Subject:Getting examples to work
View as plain text
Hi

I am having trouble getting the MySQL++ examples to work.

resetdb gives: -
> resetdb
Error: MySQL server has gone away
Segmentation fault

dbinfo gives: -
> dbinfo
4.0.20

Query: how databases
Records Found: 5

Databases

download
mysql
mysql_cpp_data
temp
test
Error: Query was empty 1065
Segmentation fault

I am curious about the version information dbinfo outputs because my package
list is: -

> rpm -qa |grep -i mysql
mysql-devel-3.23.58-9
mysql++-devel-1.7.21-1
mysql-3.23.58-9
php-mysql-4.3.4-11
qt-MySQL-3.3.2-2
mysql++-1.7.21-1
MySQL-shared-3.23.58-1
mysql-server-3.23.58-9

and a login says: -
Server version:         3.23.58

I am running FCII and the MqSQL++ rpms were: -
mysql++-devel-1.7.21-1.fc2.i386.rpm
mysql++-1.7.21-1.fc2.i386.rpm

taken on Nov 17 2004

Are my options: -
1) Upgrade all MySQL packages to 4.x as I think you suggest?
2) Install older MYSQL++ packages to match my setup?
If so - where could I find them

Giles
Thread
Getting examples to workGiles Anderson20 Nov
  • Re: Getting examples to workWarren Young21 Nov
    • Re: Getting examples to workGiles Anderson30 Dec
      • Re: Getting examples to workWarren Young31 Dec
        • Re: Getting examples to workGiles Anderson31 Dec