List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Verfranc Raganas Date:November 18 2004 10:18pm
Subject:Proper use of MySQL++ objects
View as plain text
Hi,

Which is safer :

1. mysqlpp::Connection con(mysqlpp::use_exceptions);

2. Connection* con=0;

I'm using Fedora Core 1 and I encountered problems in using the #2
statement.  I read similar problems posted in the net, but I am hoping that
I will get a more concrete answer from the author of  MySQL++.  I think #1
statement is safer to avoid thread related problems.  By the way, I'm
wrapping the MySQL++ objects in my custom made application shared library.
My application is single-threaded, but other libraries may be
multi-threaded.  So my plan is to use #1 statement instead of #2 statement
since my application is single-threaded.

Proper use of MySQL++ objectsVerfranc Raganas19 Nov
  • Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsWarren Young19 Nov
Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsVerfranc Raganas21 Nov
  • Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsWarren Young22 Nov
Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsVerfranc Raganas26 Nov
  • Re: Proper use of MySQL++ objectsWarren Young29 Nov