List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahroof Mohamed Date:November 18 2004 6:22pm
Subject:Re: RELEASE: v1.7.22
View as plain text
I've been trying to get a dll that would work with my test app from
this release. Quick recap: Win 2K, GCC 3.4.2, MySQL 4.1.4-gamma.
Linker kept bombing out saying that the vallist in class Row could not
be imported. Read documentation on ld --enable-auto-import.

Did that. Tried all the suggestions. Didn't work. Finally, I went back
to the MySQL++ 1.7.17 that did allow me to create a working dll and
compared it to the new release. Finally figured out a fix. If I
renamed the row.cc to row2.h and then include row2.h where it was
needed - mysql++.h and connection.cc , everything works fine again. Am
not sure why - haven't had the time to investigate it further as I'm
not a programmer and I'm only playing with this because I decided to
use MySQL for my engineering analysis project.

Please could you implement this in a release version? Or fix the code
so that I don't have this dll problem that was created because of
rewriting the rowx.hh codes. Sorry, don't have the depth of knowledge
in C++ to figure it out myself at this point in time.

Thanks,
Zahroof