List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 18 2004 1:18am
Subject:Re: Fwd: RELEASE: v1.7.21
View as plain text
Zahroof Mohamed wrote:

> I cannot use it as a dll

You'll want to figure out how to fix that if you're going to release
your program under a non-GPL license.  MySQL++ is LGPL, so you have to
dynamically link to it if you want to keep your code proprietary.

> I had to make the following mods to the files in 1.7.21:

Next time, send me a unified diff of your changes.

	$ man diff

It makes it easier to apply the changes automatically (with patch(1)),
and it makes for less typing for you.  ;)

> in connection.h,
> // #include <query.h>   // I commented out this line
> namespace mysqlpp{
> class Query;               // added this line

Okay, bag goes over head now.  I was sure I tried that myself and it
didn't work....

>   bool suc = !(mysql_shutdown(&mysql, SHUTDOWN_DEFAULT));  // line
> 100. The  comma after &mysql was missing and I added SHUTDOWN_DEFAULT

The comma is missing on purpose.  Look at the top of connection.cc to
see how SHUTDOWN_DEFAULT is variously defined.

I think the problem is that you're not using the configure script, and
you've also neutered platform.h.  You either need to use configure and
set up platform.h to #include config.h on your system, which will define
HAVE_MYSQL_SHUTDOWN_LEVEL_ARG when necessary, or you need to set up
platform.h to optionally define that macro.  Study platform.h and you'll
see what I mean.

Personally, I think you should be using configure, since you're on a
nominally Unixy platform.  If you are, and HAVE_MYSQL_SHUTDOWN_LEVEL_ARG
still isn't being defined correctly, that's where you need to direct
your debugging efforts.

> In compare.h:
>   bool operator () (const Row& cmp1) const
>     {return MysqlCmp<BinaryPred, const char*>::func(
> 			MysqlCmp<BinaryPred, const char*>::cmp2, cmp1[this->index]);}
>
> // this->index is required. Explained in GCC documentation on Name look up

Thank you.

> By the way, when I did all this and ran my test app, I could reuse my
> old query object by query.reset() as Chris Frey had mentioned in a
> previous mail.

I guess a buglet was quietly squished in recent releases.

> Now if someone could point me to the __enable-auto-import
> documentation, I would be extremely grateful.

I imagine the best bet would be the MinGW mailiing list.
Thread
Fwd: RELEASE: v1.7.21Zahroof Mohamed17 Nov
  • Re: Fwd: RELEASE: v1.7.21Warren Young18 Nov
    • Re: Fwd: RELEASE: v1.7.21Zahroof Mohamed18 Nov
      • Re: Fwd: RELEASE: v1.7.21Warren Young19 Nov