List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Stelling Date:November 16 2004 6:55pm
Subject:Re: examples problem
View as plain text
On Nov 16, 2004, at 17:50, Warren Young wrote:

> Richard Stelling wrote:
>
>> My installation of MySQL++ 1.7.21 went fine, but when I came to
>> compiling the examples I encountered a problem.
>
> Why do you describe the installation of the library as separate from
> compiling the examples?  I assume you are building the library from
> the tarball, where running 'make' at the top level builds the library
> and then the examples.  You don't install the library between the two
> steps.

Ah, yes, sorry. I copied the simple1 header and source files to an
Xcode project, however, trying to run the samples built when building
the library gives the same message.

> Aha, a MacOS X system, then.  Nobody has yet reported success (or
> failure, for that matter) on this platform.
>
> libtool should handle the library linking issues for you here.  If you
> are building the library correctly, the only thing I can suggest is to
> maybe search the archives on the libtool mailing list to see if this
> sort of problem is common on OS X still.  Maybe upgrading X Tools or
> just the autotools suite will fix the problem.

I'm using Xcode 1.5 but I'll have a look for updated autotools etc.

Rich

Thread
Result constructorcgifalco10 Nov
  • Re: Result constructorcgifalco10 Nov
  • Re: Result constructorChris Frey11 Nov
    • Re: Result constructorcgifalco11 Nov
    • Re: Result constructorWarren Young11 Nov
      • examples problemRichard Stelling16 Nov
        • Re: examples problemWarren Young16 Nov
          • Re: examples problemRichard Stelling16 Nov
Re: Result constructorWarren Young16 Nov