List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 16 2004 5:50pm
Subject:Re: examples problem
View as plain text
Richard Stelling wrote:

> My installation of MySQL++ 1.7.21 went fine, but when I came to
> compiling the examples I encountered a problem.

Why do you describe the installation of the library as separate from
compiling the examples?  I assume you are building the library from the
tarball, where running 'make' at the top level builds the library and
then the examples.  You don't install the library between the two steps.

Not that installing the library is a problem here.  It's just not
necessary, because the examples in the tarball look in ../lib for the
headers and libraries.  I just wonder if you are doing something odd
when building the library.

> ld: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o) illegal
> reference to symbol: _compress defined in indirectly referenced dynamic
> library /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib

Aha, a MacOS X system, then.  Nobody has yet reported success (or
failure, for that matter) on this platform.

libtool should handle the library linking issues for you here.  If you
are building the library correctly, the only thing I can suggest is to
maybe search the archives on the libtool mailing list to see if this
sort of problem is common on OS X still.  Maybe upgrading X Tools or
just the autotools suite will fix the problem.
Thread
Result constructorcgifalco10 Nov
  • Re: Result constructorcgifalco10 Nov
  • Re: Result constructorChris Frey11 Nov
    • Re: Result constructorcgifalco11 Nov
    • Re: Result constructorWarren Young11 Nov
      • examples problemRichard Stelling16 Nov
        • Re: examples problemWarren Young16 Nov
          • Re: examples problemRichard Stelling16 Nov
Re: Result constructorWarren Young16 Nov