List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 9 2004 2:54pm
Subject:New Wishlist item: GCC 3.4 support
View as plain text
I just got a Fedora Core 3 system up and running, and it comes with GCC
3.4.2.  And yet again, they've managed to tighten down the C++ language
the compiler accepts.

I've already fixed a couple of small buglets that it caught, but now I'm
stuck on a big one: the circular dependency betwen Connection and Query.
   The Connection class must #include query.h for various reasons;
query() member function, for instance.  Likewise, Query needs access to
the declaration of class Connection, to be able to expand some of the
template member functions that it declares.  GCC won't defer expansion
of the templates like it used to, until both headers are fully parsed.

I'm soliciting opinions on the best way to break this circle.
Thread
New Wishlist item: GCC 3.4 supportWarren Young9 Nov
Re: New Wishlist item: GCC 3.4 supportWarren Young10 Nov
Re: New Wishlist item: GCC 3.4 supportWarren Young10 Nov
Re: New Wishlist item: GCC 3.4 supportWarren Young10 Nov
  • Re: New Wishlist item: GCC 3.4 supportEarl Miles17 Nov
    • Re: New Wishlist item: GCC 3.4 supportWarren Young18 Nov