List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:November 4 2004 2:36pm
Subject:Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20
View as plain text
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:27:58AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> Major update!  Read this message carefully before upgrading!
>
>      o Collapsed all numbered *.hh headers into a single *.h file.  For
>        example, the contents of row1.hh, row2.hh and row3.hh are now in
>        row.h.
>
>      o While doing the previous change, broke several circular
>        dependencies.  (The numbered file scheme was probably partly done
>        to avoid this problem.)  The practical upshot of most of these
>        changes is that some functions are no longer inline.

Has this resulted in a cleaner header file layout?  I.e. does it "feel"
more solid? :-)

I remember reading the README file that explained the meaning of the numbered
header files (which btw is still there) and thinking that it was a
rather innovative way to layout the headers.  But on the other hand
mysql++ was the only project I'd ever seen which used it, so perhaps
it was hiding some uglies that shouldn't have been there in the first
place.

I don't know the code as well as you probably do now that you've gone
through all the headers, so I'm interested in your opinion.  Maybe you
can point me at particular header that illustrates things, and I can
Read The Mighty Fine Source Code myself. :-)

Thanks again for the new version,
- Chris

Thread
RELEASE: v1.7.20Warren Young4 Nov
  • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Chris Frey4 Nov
    • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Warren Young4 Nov
  • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Earl Miles17 Nov
    • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Warren Young18 Nov
      • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Chris Frey18 Nov
        • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Warren Young18 Nov
Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Darren McDonald5 Nov
  • Re: RELEASE: v1.7.20Warren Young6 Nov