List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:October 21 2004 10:02pm
Subject:Re: using namespace?
View as plain text
On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 03:21:46PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> Viewed another way, there are a whole lot less throats to scream about a
> similar change in MySQL++.  :)
>
> Any comments from the peanut gallery?

Well, tossing my peanuts into the ring, as I recall, mysql++ used to have
"Mysql" appended to each class name.  This must have been done before
namespaces became available in the compiler.

Putting the entire mysql library into a namespace gives those that need it
the tools to segregate their code properly.  And a simple "using namespace mysql;"
or similar will make it just like before.

With namespaces, you can have the best of both worlds: clear naming, without
making convoluted class names mandatory.

- Chris

Thread
using namespace?Sasha Shipka21 Oct
  • Re: using namespace?Chris Frey21 Oct
    • Re: using namespace?Warren Young21 Oct
      • Re: using namespace?Chris Frey22 Oct
        • Re: using namespace?Warren Young22 Oct
          • Re: using namespace?Sasha Shipka22 Oct
  • Re: using namespace?Warren Young21 Oct