List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Shipka Date:October 21 2004 10:52am
Subject:using namespace?
View as plain text
I'm evaluating the use of gtkmm at presentation layer
and mysql++ at database layer in making client apps
for Linux and Windows.
In small test I made, i tried to fill ListView in gtk
with result of mysql query.
gtkmm uses namespaces for their classes so they have
Gtk::TreeModel::Row class, and in mysql++ there is a
macro which converts Row to MysqlRow. So, when I tried
to compile my small test i got:

wndGlasila.cc:28: error: `MysqlRow' is not a member of
type `Gtk::TreeModel'

where line 28 is:
Gtk::TreeModel::Row row = *iter;

With separation of database and presentation layer
this will be easy solved, but on other cases that can
be a problem.
So, why don't mysql++ use namespaces instead of
macros?
In this example TreeModel:;Row and Mysql::Row would
work fine.

http://vote.yahoo.com
Thread
using namespace?Sasha Shipka21 Oct
  • Re: using namespace?Chris Frey21 Oct
    • Re: using namespace?Warren Young21 Oct
      • Re: using namespace?Chris Frey22 Oct
        • Re: using namespace?Warren Young22 Oct
          • Re: using namespace?Sasha Shipka22 Oct
  • Re: using namespace?Warren Young21 Oct