List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Valdir Henrique Dias Leite Date:October 20 2004 7:38pm
Subject:Sharing database between EMBEDDED and MySQL Server
View as plain text
Hello all,

I have an application that uses mysql embedded (performance
issues ...).

The app itself works fine, but data adminsitration (issuing
DDL, DML statements ) is very complicated using C API...

So, I created an entry in my.cnf pointing to directory where
database used by embedded is, aiming to use mysql interface
to perform queries, updates, et cetera.

The problem is: Every changes I make using mysql interface,
don´t reflect inside embedded scope (for example, inserts
made by mysql don´t exists in queries run by embedded
application).

My questions are: Is it possible to have a situation like
mine ? There is an "isolation" between two aplications
(mysqld and mysqlembedded) ? May I "mix" scenarios as I
wonder ? What is wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Valdir Leite
São Paulo