List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Bergner Date:October 12 2004 1:07am
Subject:Retrieving column data by column name does not work
View as plain text
Hi everybody!

I searched the lists quite a time for getting some clues for my problem,
but I cannot find a hint. So maybe someone out there can help me with my
problem:

I just installed the MySQL++ API and tried the first (modified) example:

int main()
{
   Connection con("test");

   Query query = con.query();
   query << "select * from names";

   Result res = query.store();

   //this puts an empty line to stdout
   cout << "Query: " << query.preview() << endl;

   //this line gives the correct result
   cout << "Records Found: " << res.size() << endl << endl;

   Row row;
   Result::iterator i;
   i = res.begin();
   row = *i;

   //this works just fine: cout << row[1] << endl;
   //this one not so fine:
   cout << row["first_name"];
   return 0;
}

The DB "test" contains one table called "names" with three columns
0 int id
1 char(60) first_name
2 char(60) last_name

Compiled with gcc 3.3.3 (Debian 20040429) (debian sid, kernel 2.6.5)
MySQL++ API 1.7.17

Output of the above program with col-id:

Records Found: 3

Thomas

Output of the program with col-name:

Records Found: 3

I do not understand why it works by using the column-id and why I just
get a plain "a" when using the column name? What stupid mistake do I make?

Thanks for any suggestions && greez from Austria,

   Thomas Bergner

Thread
Retrieving column data by column name does not workThomas Bergner12 Oct
  • Re: Retrieving column data by column name does not workChris Frey12 Oct