List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 11 2004 8:58pm
Subject:Re: Query returns substrings and zero-ints
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:

> to debug such a thing would require a person with a 64-bit setup
> stepping through the code and checking the data at every level,
> even into the mysql C lib possibly (although if the console client
> works, it's likely only in mysql++).

It's quite likely a MySQL++ problem.  64-bit integer support is very
spotty, largely because the library's cross-platform nature means we
can't handle wide integers in a uniform way.

No doubt it can be made to work, but you have to be very careful that
you don't break platforms like Windows where things like 'long long' do
not exist.

In short, Patches Thoughtfully Considered^TM.
Thread
Query returns substrings and zero-intsmysql++10 Oct
  • Re: Query returns substrings and zero-intsChris Frey10 Oct
    • Re: Query returns substrings and zero-intsTobias Bergmann11 Oct
      • Re: Query returns substrings and zero-intsChris Frey11 Oct
        • Re: Query returns substrings and zero-intsWarren Young11 Oct
          • Re: Query returns substrings and zero-intsTobias Bergmann21 Oct
            • Re: Query returns substrings and zero-intsWarren Young21 Oct