My test code is nothing special, it does very basic things like the
examples. Only the cgi code is different, I wrote something like an own
c++ wrapper but the error is everywhere.
Meanwhile I compiled mysql++ again with -l32 and -lib32 options. I did
not find docs for this but a friend told me this makes it 32 bit and
"make" accepted these options. I also compiled the test program again
after this but the error is still the same.
The "mysql" console client and mysqlcc on windows work fine btw.
I just wrote another test program and this gets really strange.
The only difference is the query:
query << "SELECT \""<<argv<<"\" as test";
and it always works like it should:
# ./sqltest2 "This is a test string"
test = "This is a test string" = "This is a test string"
# ./sqltest2 9283749283
test = "9283749283" = "9283749283"
# ./sqltest2 sdlkfjsdlksdflkdsjflksdjlkfj
test = "sdlkfjsdlksdflkdsjflksdjlkfj" = "sdlkfjsdlksdflkdsjflksdjlkfj"
Chris Frey wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 06:43:20PM +0200, mysql++ wrote:
>>I am moving my mysql++ cgis to a new fedora core 2 64bit server where I
>>compiled and installed mysql++-1.7.17
>I guess the first question to ask is whether the same code works on
>a 32 bit system with the same library versions.
>If so, it might be a 64-bit platform porting bug, and someone with access
>to such a machine would have to debug it. (I don't have such access)