List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 8 2004 7:59pm
Subject:Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)
View as plain text
Don Thompson wrote:
> You're right,  the junk was test code with const qualifier, but it
> should be removed for my example,
> ie query.insert(*this).  Using this change, I get the complaint about
> const:  I know we're getting
> into c++ issues here.

Wait just a minute....it seems that you're trying to insert an arbitrary
C++ class into the database.  That cannot work.  This is not Java and,
and MySQL is not an OODB!

You need to use the SQLSS mechanism; in order to copy the data from your
C++ class to the SQLSS structure, you will create a non-const object on
the stack, so constness won't be a problem.  See the custom* examples.
Thread
compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Enrique Farfan5 Oct
  • Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Warren Young5 Oct
  • Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Don Thompson8 Oct
    • Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Warren Young8 Oct
  • Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Don Thompson8 Oct
    • Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Warren Young8 Oct
      • Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Don Thompson9 Oct
        • Re: compiling mysql++ examples (fwd)Chris Frey9 Oct