List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:October 8 2004 1:07pm
Subject:Re: problem with recursive call inresetdb using v1.7.18 and visual c++ .net 2003
View as plain text
On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 05:53:09AM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> I don't see how it's a good idea to keep offering known-broken software.
>   There is no provision in MySQL++'s structure at this point to have
> stable vs. development releases...everything must be release quality in
> the current scheme.  Which is fine, because MySQL++ is mature technology.

It's not a good idea to have it on the front page, I agree.  What might
be nice though is an archive of old versions.  If space is a problem,
just keep the patches, and list them on a special archive directory page.

Thank you for hosting even the old versions.  I like to track what changes
from version to version when I have time, and sometimes I'm a couple versions
out of date and need to grab a bunch.

Also, if my $0.02 matter, I'd release the next version as .19... this
leaves the line of thought available to people who are interested in the
code.  Someone trying to fix a similar problem may run across these email
archives and want to see the "wrong" and the "right" fix side by side.

- Chris

Thread
problem with recursive call inresetdb using v1.7.18 and visual c++.net 2003ahnkle7 Oct
  • Re: problem with recursive call inresetdb using v1.7.18 and visualc++ .net 2003ahnkle7 Oct
  • Re: problem with recursive call inresetdb using v1.7.18 and visualc++ .net 2003ahnkle7 Oct
  • Re: problem with recursive call inresetdb using v1.7.18 and visualc++ .net 2003Warren Young8 Oct
Re: problem with recursive call inresetdb using v1.7.18 and visualc++ .net 2003Warren Young8 Oct
  • Re: problem with recursive call inresetdb using v1.7.18 and visual c++ .net 2003Chris Frey8 Oct